Sunday, October 10, 2010

So Not a Sleepy Sunday



We seem to be always apologizing for not getting around and commenting much, and not posting much, so here it goes again. We are so sorry. We are reading about you tho. Here is a bit of an update.

I got hauled off to the emergency v-e-t today. It appears I might have had a stroke. I woke up Mom this morning by dragging myself out from under the covers. Mom noticed I hadn't walked out and got very concerned. She tried to stand me up and I just collapsed back down. She moved me out to the couch to look at me better, and I couldn't move one side of my body. I also had 2 different sized pupils. She took a quick shower, and while she was in there, I tried to get up and ended up falling off the couch (but I didn't hurt myself). She raced me to the emergency v-e-t (I threw up on her shoulder in the car because I got car sick). Once there, they did a preliminary check on me, and I couldn't feel pain sensations in my toes on my one foot, and they agreed with mom about my pupil sizes, but said I was stable for now, and Mom could hold me until the v-e-t could see me.

Once we went into the v-e-t, I had improved noticeably, and was able to stand up and stagger around. I was given a physical exam and neurological exam, and kept getting better. My eyes had improved a lot, but were still slightly different sizes, and when the v-e-t checked my foot orientation (they turned my paw upside down by putting the top of the paw on the table), I could straighten it out, but slowly. I could also see and smell, although the v-e-t said I am starting to get cataracts. I also seemed to have a loss of sensation along my back bone which could be from a couple of things.

I have to go to my regular v-e-t tomorrow for blood work, and a follow-up appointment. I don't really want to go. Today's appointment exhausted me.

Mom was crying both on the way to the v-e-t and on the way home - she said she was first so afraid she would have to help me over the bridge, and then she was so happy. I don't get her at times...how come she was crying because she was sad and happy????

Anyway, I am doing lots better than I was this morning, and am enjoying being back home again.

16 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh no! We are sending you purrs Tavi that the vet gets some good medication for you to feel much better.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Oh Tavi! We are sendin ya our best purrs of healing...

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Tavi, we heard about your trip on facebook and we are already purring hard for you!

The Creek Cats said...

Oh my goodness, sweet Tavi. We are so sorry to hear about your possible stroke. We are purring and purraying that you will make a full recovery from this. XOXO

Max said...

Oh man, what a day, Tavi...I hope you just recover really fast so you don't have to endure too many stabby place trips... A stroke is no fun, but sometimes you just get over it. Would be really cool if yours was just a tiny one.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Tavi, we are purring that you are OK. Take care of your self and Mom!

Cory said...

Tavi, we are so worried about you. Please let us know how it goes at the regular v-e-t tomorrow. We will get those purr motors revved up for you.

The Island Cats said...

Tavi, we are purring for you and hope you are okay!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Tavi
we were furry sorry to hear that you have not been well. we will keep you in our purrs. we hope your mom can give us an update after you see your regular vet.

purrin
xoxoxo
abby

Sweet Purrfections said...

Purring for you! Mom read about this on FB and I had to come over and check on you. Please keep us up to date!

Chesney Cats said...

Oh Tavi!! We are purring & purraying that it was just a light stroke & that you are completely recovered very soon!

Daisy said...

Tavi, I am so sorry you have been poorly. I am sending my very best purrs and I hope you are all better soon!

cats of wildcat woods said...

Sending lots or purrs. If it was a stroke - animals can recover almost completely without help - we had a dog who did. Hope all goes well.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Beloved Tavi....we are so glad to hear you are improving...what a scarity time you must have hadnot knowing what was happening....we are sending our best wishes from the cozy cottage for a complete recovery and no more worries...love miss peach

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Tavi, DOOD, dun scare us like dat. We s'pose dat scarin yer mom was not gud either. We hope yoo is gettin better and stronger today!

Molly
Shadow
Trooder

Jans Funny Farm said...

Blogger lost our comment again.

We're glad you're okay. You gave your mom quite a scare.